Tuesday, April 26, 2016

At What Cost?

I use to be the biggest Excuse maker out there and My Favorite was always "Whats it gonna cost me to get healthy"?  Then my excuse was "That's to expensive I cant afford it!" I know this blog post may not be popular and you may not want to hear it but I call Bull Corn to that excuse! Here is why.....

I set out 6 years ago to prove you could lose weight without a gym, fancy equipment, fancy prepackaged foods that cost a fortune and yes even a trainer.  When I went this....
to this.....
So I canceled my gym membership, gave up my turbo kick and zumba classes and started doing 2 things.
1.) I ran every day.  and when I ran I use that word Loosely, I did what I at 250 lbs considered running, most people would consider it a fast walk. but I forced myself to do it every day for 20 min. I started walking 19 min and Running 1 min each week I would increase my run time by 30 sec or a min depending on how strong I felt. Pretty soon I was dropping lb's and able to run the full 20 min. Along with that I made myself do 50 crunches a day to help my abs. Once I went from 250 lbs to 155lbs I was up to 1000 crunches a day, and had gotten to where I was running half marathons 13.1 miles to be exact!
2. I watched what I ate. I started out by doing a version of Adkins which was Low carb NO sugar! this got me to the 200 lb mark quickly but is not a lifestyle that is easy to maintain. So after I had dropped 50 lbs I downloaded the free app to my phone Myfitnesspal and I then logged my food and exercise every day. To this day that is the app I use.

I will say it again when you are trying to lose weight it is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise, But after you hit your goal and are trying to maintain it is 80% exercise and 20% what you eat!

Now that I have proven that you can go from fat to fit without spending money. Let me address the BIGGER Issue.......
What is it really going to cost?
If you keep making excuses and putting off getting in better shape what is it really costing you?
For me it was my Health, My Life, My son's and my Marriage! 
You cant be happy with someone else( not truly happy) if you don't 1st love yourself. I never understood this until i found myself at a weight that made me hate me. Yes there are some fat people that are happy and don't care and I played the part well. But inside I was miserable. I cried when I went to take a bath and realized I barely fit in a standard tub. I hated to try on clothing.I allowed my self to feel rage and Jealousy. I was jealous of our friends or my husbands friends wives and girlfriends who were fit and looked amazing in "Skinny girl clothing". I found myself snapping at them and being hateful which is not me. I have over the last 10 years regretted who I allowed myself to become during this dark period in my life, as i managed to ruin most of my husbands friendships due to my negative attitude, and mistreatment of their wives and girlfriends.
Do I wish I could change that HECK YES, Do I pray for forgiveness and 2nd chances YOU BET, but sadly once you have crossed most people they dont grant you a do over. So how do I or did I fix it?????
I have Learned to Love the new me! I have embraced a healthy life style! I have learned to accept that there will always be someone prettier, smarter and better looking or more athletic then me out there but all I can do is Love me, and foster new relationships While Learning and growing from my past!
Change is never easy but it is worth it! Forgiveness from both yourself and your loved ones is a must! and you must be open and willing to change. Being overweight in and of itself is not bad, but when you allow it to take you over it is. When you are spending hundreds of dollars on meds each month to control conditions that you only have do to improper diet and exercise habits what is that costing? Probably more then a gym membership? When you lose friends and relationships cause you are not a happy person and your attitude goes south what is that costing? When you cant play with your kids or show your spouse the Love and the person they deserve what is that costing?
Sometimes the Cost of something isn't monetary, sometimes it costs much more then Money!
Are you ready to step out in Faith and say today is the day I sacrifice to take back my Life and stop Costing me and my family so much?
Below are a couple pics of the New me the Better and less costly me!







3 comments:

  1. Yay Kristen! So proud of you and your accomplishments! Keep up the HARD work. I am on a similar journey...however I dislike exercise very much and am still looking for something that is right for me. I liked Zumba a lot but dislike going to the gym to do it. I don't run at all because of my knees and the impact. Hopefully I can post a successful story for you someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will just find one thing you like. I must admit I hated running when I started. It takes time. Also if you feel self consists at the gym try golds Thwy have a cardiovascular cinema it's pitch black so people can't see you, and Thwy have bikes, elipticals and treadmills in there. Ryan has bad back and knee problems and has had multiple back surgeries so he uses the elipticals as it eliminates stress on joints. You can reach your goals. Start small. :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete