Thursday, February 18, 2016

Tools to help!

Over the past 8 years I have tried and failed in my weight loss journey I have also had some amazing successes, today I am here to share some of the tools that have helped me to succeed.
One of the Biggest keys to my success was finding a website and app for my phone that would track my calories in and calories burned so that I wasn't spending all my time doing it. I discovered www.myfitnesspal.com It is amazing in that it tracks your food, including restaurant food and counts your calories. I will warn that sometimes the calorie count is off so you do have to be careful when entering it. The thing I found that was best is that it can be customized to your specific weight loss goals and you can add friends just like other social media sights like Facebook. This way my friends and I can support and encourage one another without fear of others inter fearing or judging us. Another tool I found is www.mapmyrun.com  I use it to GPS my runs and my warm up/cool down walks. It tracks exactly where you went and how many calories you burned doing so based on your speed, distance and your body weight. I use it for everything. The best part is that it can be used for bike rides, walks, runs, etc... I have both of these tools on my Phone and computer.
Another tool to weight loss success is something that takes a little planning and time on your part but it is key. I have started making a meal plan for the entire week it includes breakfast, mid morning snack, Lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack, and my 2 consumption's of Milk( or in our case almond milk) daily.  It takes about 30 min to 1 hr on Sunday afternoon to do but it makes things extremely simple all week and it helps keep me on track.
Another great tool is to have alot of 1 Tablespoon measuring spoons around the kitchen. Do not use a knife or eating utensil to scoop out peanut butter, butter, jelly, or any condiments you plan on eating. If you use a true measuring spoon you know you are being accurate and it makes things much easier when tracking your food for the day. I was originally turned off by this thought but then it dawned on me that you have to dirty a utensil anyway so why not use the right one, it just makes since. 
Finally The biggest Tool of all is to get the entire family on board, even the kiddos and people who do not need to lose weight. I am not saying put them on a diet but what I am saying is cook the same thing for the whole family. Change is difficult but if you do it as a team you are more likely to stick with it in the long run. If you are eating healthy Great, but if you lose the weight and then go back to eating junk cause your kids have it around or your spouse is eating it, then You WILL gain it all back!!! I am not saying that to be ugly, mean or rude. I say that because I have been there and done that. I cant tell you how many times I lost 30 ,40 50 or more lbs then put it back on because I went back to what everyone else was eating. I know what you think, I thought that way to, your thinking "ya but I will be skinny and working out so I can eat it" WRONG!!!!!  You can have tasty treats every now and then if you are working out, but it has to be just that an every now and then treat, not a daily thing!
Well I hope this has helped, next week I hope to have enough info about eating out meals to give you some great tips on how to stay on track at some of the most common fast food joints!

P.s. Im actually down another 20 lbs from this pic!which was taken about 1 yr ago


No comments:

Post a Comment